Donating Games to VirtualNES
The difference between VirtualNES.com and similar video game websites is that we take a lot of measures to stay within the bounds of the law, to protect you and us from legal action for playing vintage video games online. Part of this plan requires us to have the original cartridge of any game that we have available for play on this website.
This is where our users come in. We depend on Players Like You™ to help us with acquiring games for the library. If you've got vintage video games that you'd like to share with us, everyone around the world can play them.
Plus, you get something excellent out of the deal too. If you donate 10 or more games or consoles to Emulation Collective (the team that runs VirtualNES), you'll get a brand new, sealed-in-box game for either the Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PlayStation Portable or Microsoft XBOX 360. You decide what system you want your free game for, and we decide what game you'll receive. What game you get depends on what games you send - the higher the value of the things you send, the more expensive the game is that you will get in return. So, it's to your advantage to send more than 10 games at a time. Also, if you donate several games in a series, like Mario games, you might get a Mario game back.
Here's the official rules for this:
- Eligible platforms for trade in are as follows:
- Anything for Nintendo, Sega, NEC, SNK, Bandai, Sony, or Microsoft consoles or handhelds.
- Computer games and accessories are not acceptable items for this promotion.
- Duplicate games get counted for a maximum of 1. If you send three of the same game, it's only one.
- Consoles with AV and Power cords are counted as 4 games for trade-in. Consoles without those are three.
- Handhelds with power cords are counted as 4 games for trade-in. Handhelds without are three.
- Controllers, Memory Cards, Link Cables, Multiplayer Adaptors and other accessories are counted as one game.
- Attachements (Sega CD, Game Boy Player [with Disc], etc.), and the Game Boy Printer are counted as two.
Note: We cannot accept ROMs as a valid donation. Do not send us ROMs.
If you're ready to donate games, click here to send us an email. Please include the list of games you want to send.